Claim for compensation following damage caused during work




You have asked a craftsman or a company to carry out work in your home such as plumbing work, painting… During this work, damage was caused by the craftsman or the company. As the latter are held responsible for the damage committed, they incur contractual liability on the basis of articles 1146 and following of the Civil Code. You are therefore entitled to ask them either to repair the damage themselves at their expense if the repairs fall within their jurisdiction or to compensate you for the damage you have suffered. To do so, you must send the craftsman or company a letter of formal notice by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt.


There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Claim for compensation following damage caused during work”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *