Leave – taken back to live by registered letter



You have given a dwelling to be rented and you wish to end the lease at its expiry to take the dwelling back and live there. Attention: The takeover to live can only be exercised by a lessor natural person or a lessor assimilated to natural persons by Article 13 of Law No 89-462 of 6 July 1989 (family company). A legal person may not grant leave on this basis; the leave would be inadmissible. You must deliver a leave to your tenant either by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt or by bailiff’s act at least six months before the expiry date of the lease. It is advisable to send the leave by bailiff for more security because if you send a registered letter, it is possible that your tenant will not pick it up at the post office in case of absence. The leave must state precisely the reason for which it is given, in this case, it is given because you wish to take back the rented premises with a view to their habitation. The leave must also specify the name and address of the beneficiary of the trade-in, otherwise it would be null and void.


There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Leave – taken back to live by registered letter”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *